Digital Transformation does not have to come at the cost of compromising Privacy. ServiceMax provides its Customers with knowledge and tools to build Trust while they navigate their Digital Transformation journey with our help. Customers gain increased transparency and control required to satisfy their regulators while effectively managing their Customers’ data. This approach allows ServiceMax to provide its 产品 and Services to a broader set of Customers around the world so that they can achieve the insights and efficiencies they need to create value for their organizations.
Last Updated: March 3, 2023
The Online Channels may provide links to other third-party websites and features, or contain third-party cookies, that are not owned or controlled by the ServiceMax Group. Please review the privacy policies of these third parties to familiarize yourself with their practices. You may also exercise your choices regarding third-party cookies using our Cookie Consent Tool by clicking on “Cookies” at the bottom of the page.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Personal Information We Obtain
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- How We Use Personal Information
- Personal Information Sharing
- International Transfers
- Your Choices and Rights
- Marketing Preferences
- Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Information
- Your Rights as a California Resident
- Your Rights in the European Union
- How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Children’s Personal Information
- How to Contact Us
Personal Information We Obtain
- Identifiers and contact information (such as name, phone and fax number, email and postal address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business);
- Information used to create your online account (such as username, password and security question and answer);
- Biographical and demographic information (such as date of birth, age, gender, marital status and dependent, spousal and other family information);
- Employment information (such as company and job title);
- Commercial information, such as purchase and customer service history;
- Financial information (such as payment information, including name, billing address and payment card details (i.e., card number, expiration date and security code));
- Bank account information; financial statements; income; and credit score;
- Location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code) and the geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- Contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- Other Personal Information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our “Contact Us” feature).
In addition, in connection with our insurance and financial services products, we may obtain government-issued ID numbers and Tax ID numbers, such as U.S. Social Security numbers.
If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features of the Online Channels.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies contain small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit our website. Cookies are sent back to our website to allow us to recognize your device.
Essential Cookies allow us to recognize your device to help you navigate efficiently to obtain the information and services you have requested.
Analytical and Customization Cookies allow our site to remember your preferences such as language selection and help you to view information that is most relevant to your interests; these cookies also help us to maintain and improve our websites by providing information on how visitors find and use the sites, and how well the sites are performing.
Advertising Cookies may be used in some cases to make advertising messages more relevant to you.
Unless you disable the cookies on our website, by using our website you agree to our use of those cookies.
Making Cookie Choices
You may see the list of ServiceMax and selected partner cookies on our website and make choices about those cookies by visiting our Cookie Consent Tool, by clicking on “Cookies” at the bottom of the page. In addition to our Cookie Consent Tool, most browsers allow you to manage cookie preferences. If you decide to disable cookies on our site, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features once you have done so. Except for cookies that are essential to the operation of this website (Essential Cookies), you may make choices about the cookies on this website. Please note that if you choose to manage cookies on our websites, the Tool will place a cookie on your device to allow your choices to be honored. We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals sent to us by your browser at this time.
To enhance your experience on our websites, we sometimes embed content and sharing tools from other third-party sites, such as “like” buttons from social networking sites; these third-party sites may also place and access cookies on your device. ServiceMax does not control the placement or access of these third-party cookies. The third parties can be found in our Cookie Consent Tool. Please review the privacy policies of these third parties to familiarize yourself with their practices. You may exercise choices regarding third party cookies using our Cookie Consent Tool, by clicking on “Cookies” at the bottom of the page.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we obtain to:
- provide and administer our products and services;
- process and fulfill orders and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- communicate about and administer our products, services, events, programs and promotions (such as by sending alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- conduct and facilitate surveys, sweepstakes, contests, focus groups and market research initiatives;
- perform data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- engage in ad retargeting and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts (including through our participation in ad networks);
- provide customer support;
- process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications;
- create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- administer and register participants in our courses;
- provide investor services;
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our products and services; developing new products, services and Online Channels; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
We may combine Personal Information we obtain through Online Channels with information we obtain through Offline Channels, as well as other information, for the purposes described above. We may anonymize or aggregate Personal Information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use Personal Information for additional purposes that we identify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law. We do not use personal images that you may upload to ServiceMax products when your company has configured our products to allow images to be uploaded.
The legal basis for ServiceMax processing your Personal Information as described above will typically be one of the following:
- Your consent;
- Performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- Our legitimate business interests (including the purposes described above); or
- Compliance with our legal obligations.
Personal Information Sharing
We do not sell or otherwise disclose Personal Information about you except as described here or at the time of collection.
- We share Personal Information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support and data analytics). These service providers are contractually required to safeguard the information provided to them and are restricted from using or disclosing such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- We may also disclose Personal Information to other parties when we have your consent to do so or when you direct us to, or for any purposes requested or permitted by you. For example, if you choose to integrate third-party software into our platform (for example, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, or other integrations), we will share information with those third-party integrations as necessary for them to work, but please note that your information will be handled by such third party subject to their own privacy and security policies or procedures, which we do not control.
- We may disclose Personal Information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent.
- We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as the ServiceMax Group provides with respect to the information we share.
- We do not share any personal images that you may upload to our products if your company has configured the products to allow images to be uploaded.
Your Choices and Rights
You also may exercise choice over how information about your interests is used by ad networks to deliver you relevant advertising. To learn how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising in the United States, please visit Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative, and TrustArc. In the European Union, please visit European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. The Online Channels are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from web browsers.
Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Information
If you are a California or EU resident, please see the information, below, on your rights relating to accessing, updating, and deleting Personal Information.
Your Rights as a California Resident
If you are a California consumer, as such term is used in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have certain rights to make requests relating to Personal Information we collect about you.
Under California law, subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the following rights with respect to their Personal Information:
|Notice||You have the right to be notified of what categories of Personal Information will be collected at or before the point of collection and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.|
|Access||You have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your Personal Information.|
|Erasure||You have the right to request to have your Personal Information deleted from our servers and we will direct our service providers to do the same. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law; (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.|
We do not sell Personal Information.
How to exercise your rights.
If you wish to exercise your rights under this Privacy Notice, please do either of the following:
- Contact us by phone at our toll-free number, 1-800-756-4960.
If you choose to exercise either of these rights, we will use reasonable methods to verify your identity. Additionally, you may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf.
While we take measures to ensure that those responsible for receiving and responding to your request are informed of your rights and how to help you exercise those rights, when contacting us to exercise your rights, we ask you to please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Tell Us Which Right You Are Exercising: Specify which right you want to exercise and the Personal Information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another consumer, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such consumer’s behalf.
- Help Us Verify Your Identity: Provide us with information to verify your identity. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
- Direct Our Response Delivery: Please provide us with an e-mail or mailing address through which we can provide our response. If you make the request by email, unless otherwise requested, we will assume that we can respond to the email address from which you made the request.
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise of your California privacy rights.
Your Rights in the European Union
If you are an EU resident, you have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to make requests relating to Personal Information we collect about you:
|Access to your Personal Information||You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Information. This access information includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Information undergoing processing. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.|
|Rectification||You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.|
|Erasure||You may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Information concerning you and we may be obliged to erase such Personal Information.|
|Restriction of processing||You may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Information. In such cases, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.|
|Data portability||You may have the right to receive the Personal Information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.|
|Object||You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information by us, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Information. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your Personal Information will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. However, such a right to object may in particular not exist if the processing of your Personal Information is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.|
How to exercise your rights.
Our UK representative, as required by the GDPR, can be contacted at:
London WC2E 9BJ UK
Our EU representative, as required by the GDPR, can be contacted at:
How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
ServiceMax takes the security of Personal Information seriously. ServiceMax has internal procedures and controls in place to protect Personal Information against loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure, and to ensure that data is not accessed, except by authorized personnel in the proper performance of their duties. Where ServiceMax engages third parties to process Personal Information on its behalf, such parties do so on the basis of documented instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality, and are obliged to implement appropriate measures to help ensure the security of Personal Information.
Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Retention of Personal Information
Children’s Personal Information
How to Contact Us
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
4450 Rosewood Drive, Suite 200
Pleasanton, CA 94588